Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to Creating,  Cooking, and Kiddos!

Welcome!  I'm Racquel, wife, mother, designer, and now blogger.  At Creating, Cooking, and Kiddos I'll share with you creative ideas from crafts to home decor and design ideas, my cooking and baking creations, and my perspective on parenting with helpful tips, and often my day to day life of being a stay at home mom.



After 15 years designing and working in the field of kitchen & bath and interior design, I became a full time stay at home mom.  With a background in designing and creating, a passion for cooking and baking, and the incredible opportunity to be a stay at home mom to some really fun and amazing kids I have searched for a creative outlet and a way to share my passions and experiences.  

I'll be sharing creative ideas, photos, and how to's including crafts to do alone and with your kiddos, home improvement projects and design tips, and ideas to uniquely decorate your home on a budget by giving new life to old or inexpensive items.  

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I've taken a favorite hobby of cooking and baking to a new level and a way to supplement our family's income.  I'll share meal ideas and recipes, catering ideas, and my adventures in creative baking (all of course complete with photos).  

In 2008, I remarried and my husband and I have quite the blended family.  We probably would have the Brady Bunch shaking their heads.  Between the two of us, we have 6 amazing kiddos ranging from 22 years to 8 months and are expecting another beautiful addition in January.  Neither of us ever planned, expected, or really thought about having a large family but time has given us a truly incredible life filled with these really amazing little (and not so little) people.  I'll share a lot about our day to day life, how we parent, our expectations, favorites, faults, and more.  We aren't perfect and we learn so much every day but we get a great deal of compliments on our children.  We have chosen a rather old school or traditional parenting style in these modern times and seem to have found a method to the madness of parenting a large brood and babies very close in age.  Our way of parenting and life certainly isn't for everyone but I'm excited to share it just the same.

I hope you'll check back often to see what I'm sharing and what is new in our life.  You never know when you'll find posts from guest bloggers, crafters, parents, photographers, as well as tips for saving from those who know how to do it best, and links to great buys on various products for your life.

If you have comments, questions, tips, or ideas please feel free to share!  

No comments:

Post a Comment